Friday, October 21, 2011
Getting Ready for My 2nd Breastfeeding Journey
It has been almost 8 to 9 months I stop breastfeeding Arsyad. Now, I am about to continue my breastfeeding journey for my second child. With the experience that I have, I hope that I can do better this time. And hopefully I don't have the mastitis and breast abscess problem anymore.
Alhamdulillah, since I was 6 months pregnant, my milk already came out a bit. And now colostrum already started to come out. I really hope that my milk supply will be enough for my lil one just like Arsyad.
So, these are the things that I prepared to make my breastfeeding journey a lot easier.
1. Medela Freestyle breast pump - I've been using this breast pump since Arsyad is 3 days old. And till now it is still in excellent condition. It is really worth it buying this pump. I love the size of the pump which I can just put it in my handbag, bring it anywhere I want and I can even do other job while I'm pumping.
2. Bottles - Lots of bottles for storage. I didn't buy any storage bags this time coz I found it is difficult for me to refreeze the milk then put it in the bottle. So, this time around I just use the bottles, easy for me to just warm it using the bottle and food warmer that I have.
3. Medela Purelan - I use it during my first and second week after delivery. It feels better when I applied this to my nipple, especially when it started to crack. Usually our nipple will be cracked and sometimes bleeding if the baby doesn't latch properly. This Medela Purelan really useful when that happens, and it is safe for the baby to latch on. No need for us to wipe it off first.
4. Disposable and cloth breast pad - I have to buy lots and lots of disposable breast pads. I have the cloth ones but just a few and it will not be enough, coz I'm using it a lot. I always use the pigeon brands, coz it is soft and it absorbs very well. Now, I have about 8 boxes which I bought RM36 for 2 boxes. Hope it will be enough at least for a month. Hehe.
5. Nursing pillow - The nursing pillow is very useful especially for c-sect moms. I'll be using this nursing pillow too so that my arm can rest while holding the baby to breastfeed. And it is easier for me to do the football hold if i'm using this nursing pillow. Remember to always change your baby's position to avoid mastitis.
6. Quickclean Micro-Steam Bag - I only use this micro-steam bags to sterilize my bottles (if only 2 or 3 bottles) and breast pump parts. It is very easy indeed, just put a bit water in it and then put it in the microwave for 3 minutes and you're done. And we can use it up to 20 times per bag. But, I will still use the Tommee Tippee's sterilizer if the bottles can't fit in the bag.
7. Quickclean Breastpump & Accessories Wipes - Easier for me to clean and wipe the breast pump accessories anywhere and anytime. No need for me to clean it with soap and water all the time. Good for traveling.
8. Snow Bear Home & Car Bottle Warmer - It is good to warm the milk and food. You can use it in the car too.
9. Tommee Tippee's sterilizer - To sterilize all the bottles.
Wow~ so many things that I have already. Alhamdulillah. I really hope this time around everything will goes well. And I can't wait to start my breastfeeding journey again. I really miss the moments. :-)